- Subscription required. Covers connection to AT&T 4G LTE-M network for GPS location in the US. Yearly $7.95/mo, 2-Year $6.95/mo
- Real - Time Location Tracking. Set up alerts and quickly locate your pet, whether theyve made a sneaky escape, or are 3,000 miles away. Receive notifications if your pet's location leaves a designated safe area. Using AT&T nationwide network and Google maps.
- Health, Nutrition, & Activity Tracking. Monitor activity levels, calories, distance, and activity, along with behaviors like licking, scratching, and sleeping to keep an eye on potential health problems. Get recommendations on food portions based on activity levels, breed, age, and weight. Email a 30-day report to your vet.
- 20 - Day Battery, Built - In Night Light. Use the app to choose between 3 safety night light settings, slow flash, fast flash or always on. The long-lasting battery goes up to 20 days on a single charge for your greatest adventures.
- Chat With A Vet. Your Whistle subscription gives you access to on-demand veterinary help through chat, phone or emailright from the Whistle app. Powered by the VETINSIGHT team of licensed veterinary professionals, you'll get expert advice and guidance from the comfort of your home.
I've had the whistle a little over a month and so far I have had to use it once. People sometimes don't latch the gate correctly and the wind manages to open the fence and my Jack Russell ran out. She got out last night at 8PM and it if it wasn't for the Whistle im pretty sure I wouldn't have found her. It was dark and rainy and the light on the collar made it easier to locate the dog in the forest she had wandered into. Im really glad I made the decision to buy the whistle. Everyone told me it was too expensive and I was wasting my money but after last night it is definitely worth it.
Buddy is a rescue and can travel up to 15 miles a day. Whistle gives us piece of mind when locating him. I do recharge nightly as the battery life is usually at 65% in the evening and he has been known to escape thru the doggy door at night. He travels so fast and it tracks him withiN 5 minutes of his location The only problem I’ve encountered is he likes to get under things -(a house when the weather is bad) & it can’t locate him but that’s understandable. I highly recommend it !
First time to write an review: five stars.Set up Whistle easily.I found out the hard way that the mount the company gives you to put on your collar is stiffer than expected and the device did not snap into place correctly. Within the first quarter mile of walking my dog off leash in the woods the device had fallen off. Even with a location the size of a garage using the GPS, impossible to find in leaves and brambles.Called the company. They showed empathy and just asked for a picture of the mount on the collar sent via email. The next day spoke to them and they sent out a new device. They also sent along a new collar which has a much better mount - a thirty dollar value. Above and beyond in response.Yesterday, back in the woods, my dog took off after a herd of deer. I am usually able to control my dog with a electronic vibration collar, but that doesn't work if she gets over a hill or out of range. This is the reason I bought Whistle. Usually I've had to wait until my dog is exhausted and comes across people who call (again - we are out in the woods). With Whistle I was able to track my dog and found her (first a deer, then her in hot pursuit) more than three miles away, approximately 30 minutes later. Amazing product.I have happy dog loves being outdoors, loves being off leash and, like Elmer Fudd, loves to chase deer. For piece of mind, Whistle gives hope to even irresponsible dog owners.
I really liked that the unit fits onto the original cat collar with the supplied attachment - no need to readjust the tightness. The twist on / twist off design is secure. We are a three person household and we all see the app working fine for the single WGE. The biometric activity data is helpful too. 30min “refresh rate” yields 12~14days of battery life. The battery recharge time is right at 2hrs. The built in LED light is cool, but only illuminated within Bluetooth range. I submitted a modification suggestion to Product Feedback to see if the last known location “node” could blink (or be a different color) than the rest of the tracking map nodes. I can say that the neighborhood addresses (and distance (xx ft.) from the safe zone) shown in the location text notifications are very helpful. We bought the 2yr. data subscription. After three different occasions of the beloved kitty missing for more than 4+ days each (along with the desperate searching, printing flyers, and Nextdoor posts), now you can know up to the minute without the frustration.
I love the Whistle device. Tracking my dog's activity and behavior is as if my dog is speaking to me! Whistle is like the dog whisperer. It tells me how much activity my dog accomplished every day, recommends how much to feed her based on her weight and activity and BEST of all, it tracks any anomalies in her behavior like scratching and licking.Due to an alert informing me that my dog had elevated scratching, it promoted me to take her to the vet. We found out she had an allergy to the hardwood floor cleaning product. If it’s not because of Whistle, we wouldn’t have known of this issue. Early detection helped keep our dog happy, healthy and SAVED us TONS of money on vet bills if things got worse!Of course, location tracking is also cool, but that’s the icing on the cake!A+++ for Whistle. What a lifesaver! Every dog owner should own one.