- COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT: The Ferro rod is 1/2" x 5" and weighs 3.5 oz. More reliable than matches or lighter, this firestarter is easier to strike and gives off more sparks.
- ESSENTIAL FOR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES: Perfect emergency fire starter for bushcraft, Hiking, Camping, Hunting, Fishing, EDC, Emergency, BBQ, Gas Camp Stoves, etc.
- RELIABLE: The Ferro rods are made from Iron, Magnesium, and a rare earth metal called Misch-metal, an alloy that produces sparks when be strike.
- STARTING FIRE EASILY: The 1/2" thick ferrocerium rod will ignite a 5,500o F shower of sparks at any altitude, in any weather condition - rain, shine, snow, or fallout. The higher temperature spark is more effective at starting fires and lighting stoves in any weather & at any altitude
- DIY YOUR OWN EMERGENCY KIT: You can add a wood hand, circle the paracord on one end of the rod, or just put it in your backpack as a fire starter.
Great ferro rod. Thick, easy to hold, and shoots out a nice big spark.
Love the heavy duty thickness of it and throws a very hot spark. Will work for any fire starting needs for thousands and thousands of strikes.
Please learn like I did in using a ferro rod.A) you have to remove a section of the black coating first.B) get a good scraper or 90* spines knife like a mora Bushcraft.This is awesome for the price and throwsGreat amount of sparks.Value is it’s just the ferro rod it’s self.!No crappy scraper, no crappy lanyard , no drilled hole .Works as good as anything else I’ve tested.
for a guy like me .hours of fun!!!!!
Good low cost Ferro is a gamble most of the time. These work great. Good, bold spark.